In which jess talk about knitting, arting, and dogs.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I am Uninteresting

So really nothing interesting has happened in the world of knitting since my last post.

Well, nothing interesting has happened in the world in general. Except the World of Warcraft. I'm on my way to becoming King of Healers in WoW, it's very exciting.

Icarus is plodding along. For the first two repeats she flew, FLEW along, growing exponentially. Now I dread her growth. Every row I think "Oh god, it's just getting bigger". This is both good and bad.

Good, because I know the larger she gets the closer I am to being finished. Bad, because I know the more she grows the slower my progression will be. It's kind of a love/hate relationship.

The yarn is behaving beautifully, as expected, and looks fantastic, but I worry about it felting in my hands while I knit. I tend to get sweaty palms (yuck) and sometimes I fear that the lovely Malabrigo halo will turn into a felted monstrosity.

I'm in the middle of the fourth repeat now and my first ball only now seems to be getting smaller. It's beginning to seem like I might have a lot of yarn left over, and I'm wondering whether I should do more repeats or hope for enough leftovers for a smoke ring. I'll probably go with more repeats, because I want this to be huuuge :D

No comments: